The so-called “war on drugs” is a hot topic these days and, whether you’re covering marijuana legalization, sentencing reform, drug cartels, medical marijuana or any other drug policy issue, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition has police officers, judges, prosecutors and other criminal justice professionals who offer expert commentary and compelling stories to add depth to your reporting.
Please direct media inquiries to:
LEAP Media Director
San Francisco, CA
Also of interest to journalists may be the following documents from LEAP’s press kit:
- Bios for Select LEAP Spokespersons — (PDF)
- The “War on Drugs” at a Glance (statistics on drug policy) — (PDF)
- What People Are Saying About LEAP — (PDF)
- Everyone is Talking About Legalization – (PDF)
Here are some of LEAP’s most recent press releases:
- Press Release: Eighteen Members of Congress Call on Obama to Reschedule Marijuana
- Press Release: House Oversight Committee Holds Hearings on Marijuana
- Press Release: Top Republican Presidential Hopefuls Declare Commitment to Drug Policy Reform
- Press Release: Obama: "It's Important for [Marijuana Legalization Laws in Colorado and Washington] To Move Forward"
Videos of some of LEAP’s pro-legalization law enforcers in action can be viewed at: